NEDLANDS PHYSIO CORNER; Tips and advice on managing pain and staying well during COVID 19April 6, 2020
Thursday Pilates Mat classes resume 4 June 2020May 6, 2020
Physiotherapy Teleconsultation Rebates from Private Health Funds
Private Healthcare Australia (PHA) have announced that several private health funds have agreed to provide benefits for individual (one on one) physiotherapy teleconsultations where:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
pelvic floor muscle training,
- The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
- The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
Health funds will provide coverage for teleconsultations provided by physiotherapists
from Tuesday 14 April 2020 subject to the conditions listed above.
For more information please visit;